Ah, home cleaning. It’s either one of your favorite chores or it’s your least favorite chore. Chances are, if it’s your least favorite chore, that you just haven’t mastered the art of doing it in a timely manner while still being able to keep your peace of mind. And if that’s the case don’t worry, you’re not alone. We’ve all been there a time or two.
Here are three strategies that will help you achieve peace of mind with a home cleaning routine:
Create a cleaning schedule
Having a designated cleaning schedule is a great way to keep your peace of mind and have a home cleaning routine. Not only do cleaning schedules help you get into a good cleaning routine they also take some of the stress away by eliminating the overwhelming feeling that comes when its time to clean the house.
Here are a few actionable steps you can do to create a cleaning schedule:
- Go to the dollar store and buy a calendar or purchase a printable from Etsy to help you get organized
- Pick the time and day that works best for you to get your cleaning done
- Use a professional cleaning checklist to help you clean everything like the professionals
Reduce, reuse, and recycle
When it comes to home cleaning routines, it’s not so much about getting into the routine as it is keeping the routine you’ve built. Get in the habit of de-cluttering your space, reusing items that you wouldn’t necessarily reuse, and recycle things. Once you’ve established a good cleaning routine and better habits, the rest will fall into place.
Here are a few actionable steps to help you reduce, reuse, and recycle:
- Start recycling on a daily basis by placing things in the recycling bin as soon as you’re finished with them
- Donate things you no longer use when you’re done with them instead of letting them sit around and take up space
- Limit the number of things you bring into your home with the if you won’t use it lose it rule
Share household tasks
The art of sharing or delegating certain household chores is a great way for you to achieve peace of mind with a home cleaning routine. This helps to eliminate some of the stress you may be feeling when you try to accomplish everything on your own. And the more hands on the job, the faster the job gets done!
Here are a few actionable steps you can take to delegate your household chores:
- Pick a certain time of day to dedicate specifically to house cleaning
- Decide which chores will be done during that time
- Use a calendar to mark the day, time, and name of the person doing the chore
- Consider encouraging these chores with incentives like candy, extra game time, or if they’re for your husband date-night!
Green Frog House Cleaning
Another way to achieve peace of mind with home cleaning routines is to hire a professional house cleaner to do the work for you. Contact us today at Green Frog House Cleaning to see how one of our professional house cleaners can help you achieve the peace of mind you deserve.