The rug is a product, which is widely used in the house for many years; in fact, it is estimated that it has been used in Mongolia or Turkestan, between the 4th and 2nd centuries BC. C, although in Spain it has arrived a little later, in the 10th century, carried by the Arabs.
The carpets are made on loom wool, yarn or fiber, which, in many cases, used to cover the floors of our rooms and as we said, are a significant weapon in the decor and comfort of our rooms tissue.
As with all materials used to cover the floor, the carpet can be damaged. The problem is when the damage occurs only in a small part of the surface. However, there is a way to solve this problem, so it is not necessary to change the entire carpet when a piece of it is damaged.
For small damage or burn, holes must not immediately a new carpet ago. You can quickly repair little quirks yourself. With the following tips, you can improve your carpet cheaply and without professional help.
Fixing burn holes in the carpet: That’s how it works
- Burn holes in the rug are annoying but can be repaired quickly and easily.
- Using nail scissors cut out the burnt fibers of the carpet.
- Use tweezers to pull out the burnt fibers completely.
- Use the nail scissors to cut out some undamaged fibers in an inconspicuous area. Be sure to cut out enough threads to fill the fire hole later.
- Place the undamaged fibers in a small bowl.
- Apply glue to the spot where the burn hole was.
- Using a pair of tweezers, press the undamaged fibers onto the adhesive.
- Complain about the patch, for example with a book. Cover for at least 24 hours.
- Carefully shape the new fibers. You can use a comb so that the carpet again forms a total area.
Remove wax stains from the carpet
- Wax stains can be removed from the carpet with a simple trick. In any case, allow the wax to harden completely and do not try to remove the stain by rubbing. The following tip is best for cotton or linen rugs. Synthetic fiber rugs can melt and stick together due to the heat of the iron.
- Place a sheet of blotting paper on the dried wax stain.
- Warm the wax stain with a warm iron. The paper between iron and stain will absorb the wax.
- You can use the best carpet cleaner solution for pets to remove stains from your carpets.
Repair small holes and other damage
- For this method you need a sharp carpet knife, matching carpet residues and double-sided adhesive tape.
- Cut out a piece of carpet from the rest of the rug. It must be so big that it covers the damaged area. Use a sharp utility knife. Put a board under it so as not to damage the ground.
- Lay the cut carpet piece upside down on the damaged area. Cut along the edge with the utility knife.
- Take the damaged piece out of the carpet.
- Scrape off the remnants of the carpet adhesive to get a smooth surface.
- Now apply double-sided adhesive tape to the substrate. Carefully insert the trimmed piece of carpet into the resulting hole.
To prevent any holes from forming in the carpet, we show you in further practical tips on how to fight moths in the carpet and to clean them properly.
- If you have a big stain on your carpet, call your home insurance. In some cases, carpets are covered by your homeowner’s policies and you may have them replaced under your policy.
- The shorter the carpet, the harder it becomes to make the patch invisible. Plasters are best for longer pile carpets, but in many cases, each piece looks better than a large patch.
- Each carpet has a grain or texture (brush it so that the fibers seem to stand up and touch the other and the threads seem to be laying). When cutting your patch, make sure that the grain of the replacement piece is the same as the grain of the damaged part.
Double-sided carpet tape is easier to work with than apparent glue, but over time it dries out and does not support the chemicals used to clean carpets.