A home owner looking for wood flooring can get confused with the number of options available. Talking about oak, which is a preferred choice for many, also has different choices, like the European Oak or probably the Russian Oak or even the American Oak. There is a misconception of oak flooring being expensive. Opting for European Oak engineered flooring works out affordable and cost effective. Before we give you any information on this type of flooring, you need to know that European Oak wood flooring works out tough and tend to last for a long period of time.
Benefits of European Oak Flooring:
Looking for maximum benefits offered by flooring, European oak wood flooring can be considered as one of the best options available.
- Hardwearing: Oak is considered as one of the strongest woods used, so houses with heavy traffic and wear and tear can safely opt for this flooring.
- Appealing: Using European Oak wood flooring, you are assured this can enhance the look of your home to a large extent. As this tends to increase the value of a home also, you can think of the benefits it offers in the long run.
- Maintenance: European oak flooring does not require much of labor for the maintenance. All that is required is a regular vacuum and a mop. Since this does not harbor any grime or dust, works out to be a healthy option.
- Budget: European oak wood flooring is affordable in a wide range of price. Thus, you can make a choice according to your budget.
- Different Finishes: There is a wide range of finishes to choose from, which makes it a perfect choice for all homes. You can choose between the unfinished look, a lacquered finish or even the UV oiled and brushed look.
Differentiating European Oak:
Here we inform you about some basic qualities of the European Oak which makes it different from the other wood flooring available.
- European Oak has several big knots which offer a rustic look. This look is favored by multiple homeowners globally.
- The grain in this oak resembles chaos. This oak has a lot of color variation.
Factors to Be Considered for Oak Flooring:
There are some important factors to consider before you make a choice of oak flooring. This information can help you make the right choice which can be beneficial in the long run.
#1. Moisture Content:
Though this factor is not given due importance it plays an important role in the long run. Boards which are dried up to less than 8% can swell when exposed to different weather conditions. This leads to warping. It is advisable to opt for an oak board which has between 8 to 12 % moisture content.
#2. Board length:
The length of the oak board can make all the difference to the look of flooring. Opting for small boards is a mistake as this tends to give an awkward look to the flooring. Look for the longest length available for an ideal looking floor.
Besides the length, ensure you do not opt for a very small width board for your flooring. Look for mid-widths, as this tends to be apt for big and small rooms.
#4. Unfinished Oak Flooring:
Choosing the unfinished flooring, you have the freedom to varnish, wax or oil.
Following the above-mentioned tips in choosing oak flooring, you have nothing to worry about. This can be a straight forward affair. You only need to ensure that the manufacturers are chosen after a careful research and you are offered the different options.
About the Writer
This post is written by Joseph Webb. Joseph is an excellent blogger and philosophers, His keen observation to provide useful information which helps readers to get more ideas. He can be found on Facebook and on Twitter as @aussiesmag.