Have you recently floored your rooms and passage with fresh and new looking allure? Have you, now, decided that it has gone a bit older and need some cleaning? Maybe the answer of yours would be an obvious YES, but the issue is – HOW?
Don’t panic much. Cleaning these kinds of elegant looking floor can always be a big headache, BUT here is how you can clean allure floor in the easiest way possible.
What should you be using?
Mild soap and water with damp sponge for the purpose of mopping is what you would basically need to start. Even the use of a quality floor cleaner is encouraged by cleaning experts. Be cautious not to use wax or polish as they would leave the mechanism to trap the dirt with them.
You should know that hardwood flooring is heat-sensitive. Thus, the use of any steam mop wouldn’t be sensible. The bad part is the risk and the worst part is that the damage caused by the steam mopping wouldn’t even be covered by warranties. If there are no other ways besides the use of “steam mop”, you can use rotary cleaning machine made for industrial use. BUT, remember that the use of that machine shouldn’t be exceeding 300 RPM (revolution of the machine per minute) and the pad should be only of red/white colors.
Removing the scuff marks or scratches
Cleaning Allure Floor after the marks or the scratches caused would be so crucial if you want your flooring to last long and looks fresher every second day. The use of a good vinyl floor cleaner along with a scotch bride pad as per the instructions on the bottle would surely do the favor for you. In the case of a simple surface scratch, use the greener side of the pad with the prescribed solution and gently work into the affected surface of the flooring, then your flooring itself cleaned. Besides those two cleaning tips on the headings, here are some maintenance and preventive measures to keep the allure flooring clean- always!
- Gritty sand always stands as the worst enemy of your flooring. Thus, the use of non-rubber protective mats (to prevent incoming sand) in front of the doors which leads outside would come handy.
- Proper installation of floor protectors and no use of rubber casters would keep your flooring cleaner and free from dirt and scratches.
- Vacuum the surface twice a month to make sure that the dirt would not ruin the beauty of the flooring. Prohibit the use of any sort of household cleaner by yourself.
- Pets with unclipped nails are the real threats to any sort of covers for your floor, especially when it comes to this classy surfacing material.
- As discussed earlier, the flooring you’ve installed and are set to clean is heat sensitive. That means the direct exposure to the sun certainly wouldn’t keep the flooring cleaner or the way it should be.
- Food spills should be cleaned as soon as it would be practicable when it comes to keeping your allure covering clean and fresh. Bio-degradable cleaner which would be leaving no residues on the floor would be perfect for cleaning purpose.
- How can your covering be clean when you allow dirty shoes of your kids enter the area where allure is installed? Be cautious in such cases and immediately use the prescribed solution to remove the scuffs.
- Save your floor from the flood even if the allure installed is waterproof. Use wet-vac or similar devices to get the water off as soon as possible. The running of a dehumidifier would be perfect to reduce the level of moisture on the floor.
The proper use of the apparatus, use of preventive measures, and regular maintenance of the allure flooring would always keep it fresh, cleaner, and elegant enough to attract the visitors. Being cautious with the use of cleaning solution would always be helpful for you and the surfacing you have installed.
There are no chances of these tips being useless. Yet, in a case of any exceptions you can always consult with the cleaning professionals and experts available at your service.